Recruitment for CSL’s IMLS Grant Project, EXCITE
Transformation for Libraries, Minnesota Regional Bootcamp opens September 1st, 2019 early submissions welcome!
Who can apply?
• Individual librarians (academic, public and school)
• Library teams of up to 4 participants
OVERVIEW of Standalone Bootcamp Program: Three Days, Four Journeys…
• In this fully-immersive EXCITE Bootcamp, you will learn to adopt the character and behavior of a “Collaborative Innovator” by learning the core skills, tools and language that are essential for Library Leadership in the 21st Century.
• You will leave empowered to work with colleagues and partners in true collaboration, to engage your community to understand their needs.
• You will learn to uncover and successfully implement innovative ideas that will excite your community and transform the culture of your library.
When?: November 13th-15th, 2019
Where?: Minnesota Department of Education
1500 Commerce Street
Roseville, MN 55113-4266
Cost?: Tuition covered by the grant, lunch and snacks will be provided, participants will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation if necessary for the 3 day bootcamp.
• Must view the “EXCITE Journey” Video
• Must familiarize yourself with the EXCITE Libguide
• Based on the content of the video and the libguides, submit a statement of intent outlining how you see the EXCITE programming benefiting your library, community, staff, planning, programming etc. and more importantly, your own professional development.
• Selected participants must be able to attend the entire 3 day consecutive session.
• Submit statement of intent applications no later than October 1st, 2019
Seats for the Twin Cities Regional Bootcamp are limited to 24, you can send up to 4 staff members if accepted. If selected, individual applicants will be assigned to a team.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, We look forward to hearing from you.
Dawn La Valle |Director, Division of Library Development | [email protected] | Office: (860) 757-6665
http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/home | 231 Capitol Ave. Hartford CT 06106 | Fax: (860) 757-6503
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, grant # RE-95-17-0068-17.