Creativebug from Prairielands in Pioneerland and Plum Creek
Apply for the TeenTober Grant and the Craft Grant
Position Opening: Prairielands Executive Director
Lead Prairielands, one of Minnesota’s seven multitype library systems. The ideal candidate has experience in Minnesota multitype library systems, at least three years combined experience in more than one type of library, and is committed to meeting the support and training needs of staff in libraries of all types, especially K12 schools. Collaboration, communication, and project management skills are essential. The office is located in Marshall, MN. A flexible work schedule and telecommuting are available. A minimum of one weekly visit to the physical office, and frequent in-state travel, including occasional overnights, is required. A full job description and information on Prairielands is at www.prairielands.org. Full time salary begins at $50,000 DOQ with health insurance, PTO, and PERA retirement benefits, and may be pro-rated for part-time work. Desired start date is December 1, 2022. Open until filled.
Your Prairielands Library System
- began services in 1979 as Southwest Area Multicounty Multitype Interlibrary Exchange (SAMMIE).
- serves an 18-county service area in southwestern MN.
- has the good fortune to work closely with two Regional Public Library Systems: the Plum Creek Library System headquartered in Worthington and the Pioneerland Library System headquartered in Willmar.
- has governance provided by an exceptional nine member Governing Board.
- changed name to Prairielands Library Exchange in 2018.
- has service development and future direction provided by the Prairielands Member Council, a highly dedicated thoughtful bunch of library devotees.
- has developed teen services growth and project development is provided by the Teen Co-op Steering Committee.
- is always interested in serving new members.
- American Society for Information Science – Minnesota Chapter
- EBooks Minnesota
- eLibrary MN (ELM)
- ITEM (Information and Technology Educators of Minnesota)
- Level Up! Minnesota
- Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library
- Minnesota Library Association
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Minnesota.gov – Libraries & Museums
- Minnesota Multitype Library Systems
- MnLINK Gateway
- North Star Library Consortium (School Automation)
- PALS (Minnesota Program for Automated Library Systems)
- Prairielands First Friday in February Online Conference
- Statewide Continuing Education Calendar
- Solo Librarian Resources (Multitype Library Systems)
- Sourcewell (formerly TIES)
- Special Libraries Association (SLA) – Minnesota Chapter
- State Library Services – Minnesota Department of Education
- WebJunction MN