State Library Services has partnered with the Minnesota State Demographic Center to provide support to library staff in helping patrons complete their 2020 Census forms. Because the 2020 Census will be available online, people who lack internet connectivity, a device, and/or digital literacy skills may visit your library for any of these three essentials.
Join us in February for a two-hour workshop where we’ll become familiar with the 2020 Census forms, discuss how to respond to common questions about the Census, and review referral options for when patrons need more support with Census completion than the library can provide.
This workshop will be led by State Demographic Center staff. Find a date and time that works for you!
- Feb. 3 — 1 to 3 p.m. at Duluth Public Library (main)
- Feb. 4 — 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Detroit Lakes Public Library
- Feb. 6 — 1 to 3 p.m. at Northtown Library (Blaine)
- Feb. 11 — 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Blue Earth County Library (Mankato)
- Feb. 12 — 1 to 3 p.m. at Merriam Park Library (Saint Paul)
- Feb. 13 — 9 to 11 a.m. at Heritage Library (Lakeville)
Staff from all library types are welcome, and staff who directly assist public patrons are especially encouraged to attend. These workshops will be valuable for libraries in hard-to-count communities, which may be served by small or rural library locations.
Advance registration is required. Please contact Hannah Buckland (651-582-8792) if there are any questions.